Do I Need To See An Orthopedic Doctor?

Have you been suffering from long term joint, muscle or tendon pain? Have you been experiencing chronic back pain and problems? More than 28 million Americans suffer from some kind of muscle and skeletal problems every year. The problems include but are not limited to strains, sprains, back, knee and shoulder pains.

Most of the people think taking medications will end their orthopedic problems. Many of them do not even consider visiting a doctor and use some home remedies without thinking about the complexity of the problem. If you are facing the same situation and are wondering should you be making a visit to an orthopedic physician, read on and decide for yourself.

Who Is An Orthopedic Doctor

An orthopedic physician specializes in injuries, issues and diseases related to the musculoskeletal system. These doctors have a crucial role in diagnosing, treating, preventing and rehabilitating the condition related to the musculoskeletal system. From treating infections, sports injuries, joint problems and broken bones, these doctors also handle complex problems like bone tumors, degenerative and congenital conditions. Whether you are suffering from a minor issue like a muscle sprain or need a major complex operation such as hip replacement, an orthopedic doctor is the person you need to go to.

It is important to keep in mind that no matter how big or small a musculoskeletal problem may be, visiting a doctor is the right thing to do if you do not want to aggravate the situation. Here are some of the symptoms that if you notice you should visit a doctor immediately

Signs You Need To Visit An Orthopedic Doctor

  • You are facing difficulty using a particular part of the body and finding it difficult to perform routine functions
  • You have constant pain in your joints, tendons, muscles or bones
  • You feel bruising or swelling around any joint or any place you have recently injured
  • Joint deformity
  • You have a limited range of motion such as having difficulty in straightening your back
  • You feel signs of infection such as redness, fever, inflammation or heat
  • You notice any unusual symptoms in the regions you have pain in

Visiting an orthopedic doctor will make it clear what the condition of your musculoskeletal system is. They will find out if your musculoskeletal condition can be made better using medications, if you need an advanced treatment, or if surgery is the only option. You will also be able to get professional advice on all your muscle, bone and joints problems.

It is important to make sure you only visit an orthopedic doctor who has experience and is duly qualified in the field. There have been many recent complaints of wrong site operations against orthopedic surgeons. Therefore, it is important to do your research and only get treatment and advice from highly qualified and experienced orthopedic doctors such as the ones in Paley Institute who are well accorded for their contributions to the lives of people suffering from orthopedic problems.